What is E-Waste?
E-Waste is an electronic recycling program operated by the Electronic Products Recycling Association(EPRA) which represents electronic manufacturers. This program is approved by the Department of Environment. There is NO CHARGE to drop off your unwanted electronics at the Drop-Off Centers listed below. The EHF or Environmental Handling Fee you pay on new electronics items supports the free drop off.
The following electronics are banned from disposal and are not collected curbside:
- Televisions (TV’s)
- Computers (including laptops and notebooks)
- Computer monitors
- Computer printers
- Computer CPU’s
- Cables, mice, keyboards and other components within the computer
- Telephones (corded and cordless), Fax machines, & Answering Machines
- Audio and Video Playback and Recording Systems including radios, speakers, CD players, MP3 players, stereos, digital cameras, video cameras and camcorders, VCR’s, DVD’s, clock radios, car stereo systems and home theatre in a box.
- Computer Scanners
- Cell phones* & other wireless devices
Free Local drop off Centers:
Bill Stewart Metal
2636 Westville Rd,
John’s Bottle & Recycling Depot
28 Depot St. Pictou